You have 0 items in your cart
School is finally back in session for the kiddos in Hudson! After a long summer break, parents may be breathing a sigh of relief that the school year has begun again. Parents are getting some time to themselves again, until it is time to pick the kids up from school or meet them at the bus stop. At school, kids spend a large part of their day sitting in their desks, so they may come home with lots of pent-up energy. Need some ideas to help get the wiggles out? Try these!
- Build an obstacle course. This can be done indoors or outside, depending on if you want the kids crawling on your furniture! Set up a course with fun things to jump over, crawl under, dance through…the possibilities are endless!
- Cook dinner together. Creating something from scratch is so satisfying, why not let the kids help? They will feel so proud to have helped you make a dish they love. Picky eaters could also customize the dish especially for them to ensure they will love their meal!
- Volunteer. Start their year off with a lesson in gratitude and service. Try walking dogs at the local animal shelter, help serve food at a soup kitchen, or even help prepare meals for those in need. You’ll both feel good knowing you helped someone at the end of the day.
- Have a dance party. Throw on some fun music and dance away! You could even look up dance tutorials online to expand your dance repertoire! You and your child will be laughing and having a blast in no time.
- Go to the library. Encourage your kids to get lost in a good book! Find some books you could read together, or older kids can find new books to read. Many libraries have classes and events for kids, so be on the lookout for other fun things to do at the library.
- Get crafty. There are so many fun and easy crafts for you and your kids to do together! Need some inspiration? Check out Pinterest for endless new ideas!
What are some of your go-to after school activities? Share in the comments below!