With summer coming to an end, it is time for kids to get back to their school routines. Many kids around the St. Croix area have started to go back to school recently, while others will begin school after Labor day. Last week we discussed some awesome time-savers to incorporate into your school routine to help early mornings run a little smoother. One of the biggest time-savers (whether you’re prepping for school aged kids, or just your own work week) is meal prepping. This is one of the easiest ways to ensure you will stick to a healthy meal plan throughout the week, since all you have to do is open the fridge to a ready-to-eat meal! You can also prep snacks ahead of time to incorporate into your family’s lunches, or just to have on hand when the kids get home from school! Let’s look at some easy, healthy snack ideas to try!
- Mixed nuts
- Greek yogurt and mixed berries
- Apple slices with peanut butter (or almond butter)
- Celery sticks with cream cheese
- Dark chocolate and almonds
- Sliced veggies with hummus
- Cherry tomatoes with mozzarella
- Red bell peppers with guacamole
- Kale chips
- Hard boiled eggs
- Pear slices with ricotta cheese
- Turkey and cheese roll-ups
- Dried unsweetened coconut
- Cantaloupe slices wrapped in prosciutto
- A piece of fruit
- Whey protein shake
- Last night’s leftovers!
What are some of your favorite healthy snacks? Share in the comments below!